Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity

Depending on what calendar you use (Ordinary Form or Extraordinary Form), and whether or not it is a Holy Day of Obligation in your diocese, tomorrow (or last Thursday) will be (or was) the Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi). Happy Corpus Christi! Whereas Holy Thursday is a celebration of the institution of the Eucharist, Corpus […]

» Read more

Ad Multos Annos!

Today on the Feast of Saint Anthony of Padua, I was privileged to serve at Mass for the fifth anniversary of the ordination of a good and holy priest, Rev Jacob Maurer. I rearranged my work from home day to be at the 8:00AM Mass. Our visiting seminarian, Peter Guthrie, was the principal server. I enjoy serving with Peter because […]

» Read more

Body, Blood, Soul, Divinity

Depending on what calendar you use (Ordinary Form or Extraordinary Form), and whether or not it is a Holy Day of Obligation in your diocese, today (or last Thursday) is (was) the Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi). Happy Corpus Christi! Whereas Maundy Thursday is a celebration of the institution of the Eucharist, Corpus Christi is […]

» Read more

Corpus Christi Procession

This Sunday my parish will participate in an outdoor Procession of the Blessed Sacrament. If you are anywhere in the area, I hope you will consider joining us. Here is the press release as it went out: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:   Archbishop of Seattle to Lead Corpus Christi Procession in Tacoma   Holy Rosary Catholic Church brings to Tacoma the […]

» Read more

Crossroads

There is something magical and compelling about a doorway, about a crossroads. It is a time and place in between the old and the new, between past and future; the liminal space where for a moment time stands still and new possibilities, undreamt of mere moments before, now come sharply into focus. Thus says the LORD: “Stand by the roads, […]

» Read more

Happy New Year!

It’s the first of January, and I’m clearly looking and feeling my very best after last night’s festivities. We rarely throw parties, but when we do, we invariably overdo it a bit. Last night’s feast had libations aplenty and a table groaning with food for our family and friends old and new. Everybody brought something to share. Combine that with […]

» Read more

Prayer Request

Please pray for the soul of a man you probably did not know. He was my neighbour, and he was a tireless force for good on the Hill for twenty years. He was found dead of natural causes in his home this morning. Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Te decet hymnus Deus, in Sion, et tibi […]

» Read more

Collective Morality

Recently I found an app that allows me to run WordPerfect (may it rest in peace) on my MacBook. This opened up a whole world of previously unreachable writings that I had doggedly saved, even though I had no way of opening up the files and actually reading the contents. Until now. The following is an essay I wrote back […]

» Read more
1 7 8 9